Lentil Bowls with Avocado, Eggs and Cholula
Lentils with hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, avocado, a squeeze of lime juice, cilantro and a few dashes of hot sauce is a really simple meatless lunch I like to make for myself anytime I have cooked lentils (or sometimes I buy them cooked).
It’s also an easy dish to meal prep, you can make the eggs and lentils ahead if you’re cooking them yourself, and add the avocado and tomatoes the day you plan to eat it.
If I buy my lentils precooked, they usually already come seasoned with salt, but if you make them yourself, be sure to add salt to them after. If you don’t like spicy food, you can skip the hot sauce, it will still be good!
- 1- 1/2 cups cooked lentils
- squeeze of lime
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 large hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 ounces sliced avocado
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- chopped cilantro
- few dashes Cholula hot sauce
- Place 3/4 cup lentils in a bowl, squeeze a little lime juice, salt and pepper over the top to taste and top with 3 egg halves, 1 ounce avocado, cilantro and finish with more salt and pepper. Finish with hot sauce and enjoy!
Yield: 2 Servings, Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 9
- Points +: 9
- Calories: 347
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 279mg
- Sodium: 130mg
- Carbohydrates: 35.5g
- Fiber: 14g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 24g